Individual Events (IEs) is an educational program that offers Thespians the opportunity to receive constructive feedback on prepared theatrical material and technical designs. The performance Individual Events include: monologue, duet acting, group acting, solo musical theatre, duet musical theatre, and group musical theatre. The technical Individual Events include: costume construction, costume design, lighting design, scenic design, short film, sound design, stage management, and theatre marketing.
- Submissions Due:
- Festival Dates:
- Video Melody's Superior Musical Solo ("I Can Do Better Than That," Last Five Years)
- Pictures of Grace's Superior Costume Design (Urinetown the Musical)
- Video of Chase's Excellent Monologues
IE Tips (written by successful students):
- Read the rules! Read the rubric! Know how you are being scored!
- Ask politely for help from Ms. Miller or Mr. Nelson if they have the time to help you
- Maybe give them a thank you note after for their help
- Practice, Practice, Practice! In front of a mirror and other people
- Before you perform or present, do what you need to in order to be ready- take some alone time, drink some water, BREATHE, or spend time with friends
- Be confident in your abilities when you walk into the judging room- you got this!
- Take praise and criticism with grace- you will get both, be proud of the praise and learn from the criticism
- Be proud that you showed your work in front of professionals, no matter what you score!